Terms and Conditions / Privacy
Welcome to Slenky, a service provided by Mobsventures Limited and its subsidiaries, (“Slenky”, “we”, “our”, “us”).
By using Slenky you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take
effect on your first use of Slenky. If you do not agree to be bound
by all of the following terms please do not access, use or contribute to
Slenky may change these terms from time to time and
you should visit this page regularly to check the latest version of
This clause applies when you register as a user of Slenky:
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information
about yourself as requested in the registration form. You agree to
maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate,
current and complete. You agree to keep the password for your access to
Slenky confidential and agree not to permit anyone else to have
access to it (unless you are under 16 in which case you must let your
parent or guardian have access to it). Furthermore you agree to be fully
responsible for all activities that occur under your password. You
agree to immediately notify Slenky of any unauthorised use of your
Removal of material and cancellation of access to Slenky
- Slenky shall have the right to cancel your registration and/or refuse
you access to Slenky at any time and for any reason without giving
you any advance notice and Slenky shall not be liable for any losses or
damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical
injury arising out of the negligence of Slenky or its employees) arising
from your inability to access any of the pages of Slenky.
- Slenky shall have the right at any time and for any reason to remove
from the pages on Slenky any material posted, uploaded, emailed, or
otherwise transmitted by you without giving you any advance notice and
Slenky shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever arising
from the removal of such material.
- If you object to the publication
of any material placed on Slenky please let Slenky know by contacting email@example.com and we will take whatever action
we deem appropriate.
Copyright and permitted use
Contributions to Slenky
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, and other intellectual
property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on Slenky and
all content (including all applications) located on the site remain
vested in Slenky or its licensors. You may not copy, reproduce,
republish, disassemble, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast,
transmit, make available to the public, otherwise use Slenky content
in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any
licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of
Slenky or its licensors or any other third party.
- By sharing any contribution (including entering into any competition)
with Slenky you agree to grant to Slenky and its licencees, free of
charge, a non-exclusive, perpetual and worldwide licence to re-publish
any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to
them or to Slenky and permission to use the material in any way it
wants (including modifying and adapting it) for the purposes of
displaying it on Slenky or in any way in relation to Slenky . You also permit other users to share your contribution on
other social networking sites.
- You hereby waive all of the moral
rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and
Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you submit, post, upload,
email or otherwise transmit to Slenky
- Publication of any contributions will be at Slenky or its licensees’ discretion.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and you can continue to use your contribution in any way.
- In order that Slenky can use your contribution, you confirm that it is
your own original work, is not defamatory or obscene, and does not
infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give Slenky permission
for the purposes set out above, and you have the consent of anyone who
is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their
parent/guardian if they are under 16.
- We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise.
You agree to the following Community Rules in making any contribution to Slenky:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful. Don't be unpleasant.
- Contributions must be constructive and polite, not disruptive or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful,
obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise
objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming, obviously commercial or off-topic material.
- Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what
you are saying and expect that people may understand your contribution
differently than you intended. Remember that tone of voice (humour,
sarcasm) can be misinterpreted.
- No advertising or promotion of products or services.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed.
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate user names (e.g. vulgar or offensive).
- No URLs can be posted.
- If you spot something problematic on our website please report it.
However, deliberate misuse of the Report This facility is not permitted.
- All contributions to Slenky including films and
user comments will be moderated by Slenky and its partners before they
are published on the website. Moderation will only take place during
office hours of 9:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public
holidays) and it may therefore take some time for your contribution to
be published on the website.
- Slenky will, when necessary, not
publish any content which it feels does not comply with the Community
Rules or any content that may put it in legal jeopardy such as
potentially libelous or defamatory postings or material posted in
potential breach of copyright. Please be aware that our moderators may
contact you by email in relation to your participation, especially when
an issue comes up in relation to these Community Rules. Any advice they
give/request should be adhered to, as our moderators are employed to
enforce these Community Rules and create a constructive environment for
everyone who contributes to Slenky.com. All actions and decisions taken
by us and our moderators are final. We will not enter into
correspondence regarding specific moderation activity or decisions. »
Safety - we advise that you never reveal any personal information about
yourself or anyone else (except on your applications which will not be published on the website).
Slenky has tried to ensure that the contents and information it provides is accurate at the time of posting. Unfortunately it cannot guarantee the accuracy of contents or information contained in its pages and any person using information contained in them does so entirely at their own risk.
Slenky may have links to other websites. Slenky is not responsible for the contents, nor does it warrant the accuracy or reliability of any linked website. Slenky, to the extent permissible by law, excludes all liability which may arise from your use or reliance on the information or contents contained in the linked site. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages. You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on our site. However, we do not permit use of our logo (or any other logo featured on the website) as a link without prior permission or our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Slenky pages must load into the user's entire window.
Content posted on Slenky is generally created by legally constituted businesses businesses and organisations. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Slenky. To the extent permitted by law, Slenky excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Slenky does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of Slenky or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Slenky is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Slenky for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes Slenky's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to this, Slenky shall not be responsible for the following losses or damage (whether forseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of data;
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
- loss of business
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- losses suffered by third parties; or
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from
the use of Slenky.com regardless of the form of action.
We do not warrant that the functions available on Slenky.com will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Slenky or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise
unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which
these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within
the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or
unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the
remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and
enforceable. The failure or delay of Slenky to exercise or
enforce any right in these terms does not waive Slenky's right to
enforce that right.
construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts
of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection
- Our Privacy Principles
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Your information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Your Choices and Controls
- Contact Information
- If you are located in the United Kingdom, Slenky is the Data Controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, our Platform;
- If you are located outside the United Kingdom, Slenky is the Data Controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, our Platform;
Our Privacy Principles
Information We Collect
All the personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into three general categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
- Information we obtain from third parties
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving Slenky and giving our users the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between us and you. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features of the Platform.
You don’t need to register for a Slenky account in order to visit or use our Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information - When you register any kind of Slenky account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook, Twitter or Google and don’t give your permission to share it with Slenky), your age, gender, postal code and choose a password.
- Profile Information - you may choose to provide additional information for your user profile on Slenky – for example:
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your passions and interests (for example, whether you are into fashion, technology, sport etc.)
- Communications - When you communicate with Slenky by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with Shot providers, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey Information - If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information - We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing a shot with another user, following or unfollowing a brand, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform, and whether you interact with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third party sites or social accounts), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Platform.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as local shots or events and personalized content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings.
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device and identifiers, apps installed, browser type, language, battery level and time zone. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity, and provide personalized content, consistently across all of your devices.
- Software Development Kits – We may use third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Platform. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyse how you interact with content and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Slenky Widget – Other websites may integrate Slenky widgets; when you visit a website with a Slenky widget embedded, we may receive certain information, including information about the website you visited. Slenky and the widget may be able to recognize you, and in some cases the widget may be used to show personalized content. We know when you interact with a widget, and websites containing the widgets may receive this information as well.
Information from Third Parties
- Single-Sign Ons – If you sign up for Slenky through a third-party application like Facebook, Twitter or Google, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username and encrypted access credentials, and other information available through the third-party application account, including the following information:
- Service Providers and Business Partners – We may also receive information about you from our service providers and business partners, including companies that provide shots, assist with analytics, data processing and management (e.g. to measure ad quality and responses to content, and to display content that is more likely to be relevant to you) account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services which we use to personalize your Slenky experience. We explain in more detail why and how we use this information below.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
- To operate and maintain your Slenky account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
- To identify you as the originator of Shot applications, content shares and/or other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To provide Shot providers with stats and insights about users’ responses to their Shot and content.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyse the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- We use your age to enable age restrictions.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and suspicious activity.
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- To provide you with customer and technical support.
- Personalize Content and Marketing
- To improve your experience on the Platform by providing personalized content, recommendations, and features.
- To customize the content and measure performance of any email, push notification, or in-app message we may send to you.
- Administer competitions or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Slenky or its partners.
- Use automated systems and decision making to profile user characteristics and infer preferences based on information that you provide to us, your interactions with the Platform and content, your profile information, and information obtained from third parties. This data is used to create groups of users, called segments, who share similar characteristics and interests; we use segments to serve personalized content, advertising, and marketing messages. We also use automated systems to associate your activity over time across devices and may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID, in order to determine that certain devices are related to each other and provide you with a personalized experience across devices and platforms.
- Shots are more effective when they are shown to people who are likely to be interested. For this reason, we use the information we collect and receive to help us select which shots to show you. This includes information you choose to provide to us (e.g. age and gender) and make available to us when you interact with the Platform, as well as general location data.
- When we engage third party services such as ad-networks and exchanges that enable us showing you targeted ads, we may also allow them to collect certain information such as cookie data and device identifiers. That information is used to synch or match users to segments and serve targeted advertising, including based on device activity, inferred interests, and general location information.
We may use your data for other purposes, provided we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and provided that you consent to the proposed use of your personal data.
Sharing of Your Information
This section describes how the information collected or generated through your use of the Platform may be shared by you or by us.
- Through Your Profile – No information in your public profile will be accessible by other users of the Platform. If you view or Take a Shot at any uploaded content, the fact that you have viewed that content will be shared with that Shot provider so that they can track the relevance of their content.
- With Your Consent – When you apply for a Shots we will disclose your information to the Shot provider. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information, including the purpose(s) for which we will use the data.
- Service Providers – We use a variety of third party service providers, some of who may be located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to provide services to us or to our users on our behalf. These service providers have access to your information solely to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to implement appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorized disclosure of personal data, and only to process personal data in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us. We need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
- Content Partners – The Platform allows you to view to a variety of content from our content partners. We share information with these partners to help them understand how the content they provide is performing, including insights about general user trends and preferences. We use technical measures to ensure the data is de-identified and/or aggregated so it does not identify you directly. We share this data based on our legitimate interest in helping partners deliver highly-relevant content and to ensure the fulfilment of our contract with those partners.
- Social Media – For users outside of the EU/EEA, where permissible under applicable law, we may share your email address (in hashed form, so that it does not identify you) with Facebook in order to target you with Slenky adverts on Facebook and on third party websites and applications in the Facebook Audience Network. We also allow Facebook and other social media platforms to collect information through cookies and similar technologies like pixels in order to serve adverts for Slenky on those third party websites and apps and drive users to our Platform. In order to measure the effectiveness of and optimize these marketing campaigns, these technologies track activity taken across devices after a user sees a Slenky advert, in order to determine performance metrics like sign ups and visits to the Platform. We undertake these activities based on our legitimate interest in acquiring new customers and offering Shots we think you may be interested in. Any questions regarding how these social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such third party platform.
- Aggregated Data – We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we render in such a way that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other pseudologized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- API Integrations – Slenky has an open application-programming interface (API), which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Platform into other apps. Some of these developers may be located outside of the EEA.
- Third Party Applications – If you choose to connect your Slenky account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook and Google+ you may be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. Content that you share with Facebook will appear on your timeline and in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. Content you share with Google will be seen by the people from your Google+ circles when they visit your Google+ profile, make relevant Google searches, on Google-served ads, and the services selected in your Google account settings. In the case of connected apps, you will need to provide the app developer with full access to your Slenky account. Slenky is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust. If you do not want this information shared with Facebook or Google, please change your Slenky Settings or in those networks.
- Protecting our Rights – We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors, officers, or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Slenky® community.
- To Our Affiliates – To enable and support us in providing the Platform and Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within the Slenky Group. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Platform.
Cookies and Similar Technology
Slenky maintains technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we collect or store. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
International Data Transfers
Slenky is not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
Anyone under the age of 13 in the United Kingdom and the rest of the world, is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 16 or 13, as the case may be, or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 16 or 13, as applicable, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at dataprotection@Slenky.me.
Your Choices and Controls
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
- Managing Slenky Settings. If you register an account, you may manage the content and information you share when you use Slenky through your account settings, including for the features explained below. You are solely responsible for keeping your settings up-to-date.
- Email – You can adjust your Settings to disable email and desktop notifications (other than important service updates and essential notifications about the Platform or your account). All commercial emails and newsletters also allow you to unsubscribe at any time.
- Analytics – To control whether we collect analytics and usage information, including through cookies and similar technologies, you can adjust your Settings.
- Marketing – If you do not want to receive personalized Shots, offers or other marketing messages you can adjust your Settings.
- Third Party Apps – If you have chosen to connect your account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can disable permission for the app by adjusting your Settings.
- Managing Device Settings
- To opt-out of location tracking when using our Apps, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
- Managing Browser Settings
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Platform or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
- Additional Choices and Controls
Exercising Your Rights
In some jurisdictions, including the EU/EEA, you may exercise any of the rights described in this section through Help@slenky.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
- Data Access and Portability
- Change or Correct Data
- Where you cannot update data yourself through an account, you have the right to ask us to correct change, update or rectify your data.
- Data Retention and Deletion
- We generally retain data for as long as your account is in existence or as needed to provide the Platform. However, specific retention times can vary based on context of the processing we perform and on our legal obligations.
- You have the right to ask us to delete all or some of the personal data we hold about you. If you have an account, you can also delete your account through the Settings at any time as described below.
- We may need to retain some of your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. to prevent fraud and abuse and maintain and enhance security).
- Objection to Processing
- You may object to processing your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing).
- If you object to such processing Slenky will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or obligations.
- Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, under certain circumstances, ask Slenky to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing
- Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
- Withdrawing Consent
- Where you provide consent to the processing of your personal information by Slenky, you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your account settings or by sending a communication to Slenky specifying the specific consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Slenky before a competent data protection authority.
Attention: Data ProtectionMobs Ventures Ltd, SEIDS, Empire Way, Wembley, Middx. HA9 0RJ.
Last Amended: 1 July 2018